I was so excited when I found this recipe. It’s the crockpot. And balsamic. There’s like 6 ingredients. What could go wrong?
A lot. That’s what could go wrong. After cooking for about 4 hours and making my apartment smell deeeee-licious (was I pretending I was on vacation in Italy instead of snowy Maine? Yes…) I went to give it a stir…
And all the chicken disintegrated! I don’t know what I did wrong so hopefully the blogosphere can help me out. Why do chicken thighs just fall apart in the crock pot??
Anyways, everything tasted good even though we had to scoop out shreds of chicken instead of just picking up a piece. Here’s the recipe! If you have better results than I do please let me know what you did better!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (or two big scoops of minced garlic)
- 8 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (this is different than garlic salt for all you cooking newbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Here’s what to do:
- Put the olive oil and garlic into the crock pot
- Layer in the chicken
- Mix together the spices and sprinkle on top of chicken
- Pour the balsamic on top
- Cook for 4 hours on high. Stir occasionally. But not enough to shred everything.
Please let me know if you can solve the mystery of the shredded chicken!