These are so easy.
This will make about 4 servings. Or 2 if you’re in my house and your BF overstuffs his fajitas.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion ( like red onion– don’t think it matters either way)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lime
- package of tortillas
- Associated accoutrements (sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc)
Here’s what you do:
- Get out the crockpot. I discovered they make crockpot liners and it’s been one of the best discoveries of my life! Look in the aisle with tin foil and what not
- Trim the fat off of your chicken if there is any. slice the chicken into edible-sized slices. Dump in the crockpot.
- Slice up the onion and peppers. Also dump in the crock pot.
- Mix together the chicken broth, chili powder and cumin (add some salt, also) in a bowl. Pour on top of the chicken
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice all over the chicken.
- Set it and forget it! Cook for 2-4 hours on low, 4-6 on high.
- Serve warm!