Can you tell by the lack of posts that school has started? Every time my iPhoto gets opened, pictures of unposted blog pictures stare at me and they were making me feel guilty so I’ll procrastinate pulmonary pathophysiology (who wouldn’t, right?) to tell you about a little fiasco I had with trying to make bread.
So a few weeks ago I wanted to make something special to go with a pretty plain dinner and I had pinned this recipe and I was dying to try it. So I got all the ingredients and followed the recipe perfectly (more or less…) and ended up with this:
In reality, the bread was really good. But that’s mainly because it was just melted cheese and what’s not good about that? What I think happened as that I a) used wheat flour (trying to be healthy…) and b) don’t have a standing mixer and so the bread didn’t get kneaded enough. Better luck next time. I’ll just have to hold out for someone to buy me a stand mixer.
Instead of bothering to make my own bread, I took the lazy way out and made stuffed bread with already made bread! In your local grocery store’s bakery section there is always freshly made Italian bread. Invest the $1.79 in a loaf, get your favorite cheese and other accouterments (I like pepperoni) to stuff the bread with and you’re ready to go.
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Slice your bread lengthwise once **
- Slice the bread widthwise in 1″ sections ** (**=don’t slice through the whole way or you’ll just have small cubes of bread and not an intact loaf)
- Slice your cheese and shove it into your slits. Put your other yummies in around the cheese.
- Melt 1/2 cup of margarine (1 stick) and put in 1 clove (1 tablespoon) of minced garlic (more if you love garlic) and mix up. Spread/pour/brush onto bread and into the crevices.
- Bake in oven for 15 or so minutes, until your cheese has melted.
- Enjoy your carb coma.